GoFormz – San Diego, CA
GoFormz is a San Diego startup looking for great developers to add to a rapidly-growing engineering team. Our goal is to help individuals and businesses replace paper forms with web and mobile-based digital forms, and then to provide ubiquitous access to the collected data.
What will I be working on?
What is it like to work at GoFormz?
- We have a fantastic team that gets stuff done and is fun to work with!
- Our office is in San Diego, CA right next to the bay.
- Everyone has the best hardware for doing their particular job. You tell us what that is. We have some pretty sweet monitor setups.
- The environment is fast-paced, so you will see the results of your work immediately
- We actually care about your physical health. Everyone in the office has automatic sit/stand desks, and we provide membership to an executive health club/gym as well as providing healthy food snacks.
- You will receive equity. We also pay well – at or above market.
- Full gold-level health and dental insurance is provided.
- You will have plenty of opportunities to use and learn cutting-edge technologies with which you are currently unfamiliar.
What you will do…
You will be working with agile, fast paced and highly technical team using cutting edge cloud technologies to build next generation document and process automation platform. You will be involved in all stages throughout project execution from requirement gathering, design, architecture, to implementation, and quality verification. You will be responsible for making sure software and services are built to scale, secured and operate in highest level of service maturity.You will write automation code to ensure high quality software, and you will be working and a fully automated continuous integration & deployment environment.
This is a a value-driven and fast paced environment - where engineers are empowered to innovate and take ideas from concept to scale.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Interact with software systems engineer or other technical leader to understand subsystem and component specifications and recommend changes to facilitate efficient and effective development.
- Architect, design, develop, scale and test our fast growing distributed cloud based software services and solutions.
- Practice Agile software development cadence for engineering activities such as: designing, coding, testing, debugging and incident management.
- Use data and insights from customer and production to contribute to some technical design and implementation decisions.
- Write and execute unit, integration, system, and load tests for services and components.
- Support management of the team’s technical infrastructure (e.g., repository, build system, testing system) under guidance from the systems engineer or other project leader.
What we are looking for…
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline.
- Excellent programming skills in object oriented language (C# and/or Java).
- At least 3 years of experience building and testing large scale distributed systems / services.
- Strong skills in designing, implementing and testing Service Oriented Architecture, REST, OData services.
- Experience working with cloud service platform (Azure, AWS)
- Distributed Version Control Systems (Git), branching patterns, trunk based development
- Agile methodologies and Lean Development techniques (Scrum and/or Kanban)
Nice to have…
- Experience in a test-driven development environment
- Multi-Tenant SaaS environment experience
- Experience with highly distributed system deployment (Microservices)
- Experience with application native development on mobile platforms as iOS and/or Android
- Experience with mobile application development using Xamarin platform
- Strong HTML/HTML5 and CSS coding skills
- Relational Database development and performance tuning skills on very large scale enterprise systems.(SQL Server Azure, 2008, 2012)
- Experience with Data Warehouse, reporting frameworks, Application Insights.
- Practical knowledge of Development environment(s), Build Systems and Configuration Management like TeamCity / OctopusDeploy / Chef / Puppet
- Familiarity with NoSQL Databases (MongoDB, RavenDB, Cassandra)
- Good task estimation and prioritization skills
- Proven ability to support multiple projects and objectives simultaneously and efficiently
The fine print…
If you have implemented and supported a cutting edge public cloud solutions on top of Azure and/or AWS, deployed and managed rapid, low-risk distributed service based applications, and have excellent analytical skills and a taste for good engineering. We want you!
GoFormz, Inc is an Equal Employement Opportunity employer. Please no H-1B applicants at this time.
How to Apply
Send the following to email@example.com:
- Your resume
- Tell us why you’re a great fit
- Optional: Links to your website, Github or relevant work examples